Friday, February 1, 2013

Spreading a Little Early Valentine's Day Love


Well, the hearts are beating and cupid is sharpening his (her?) arrows...St. Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  I thought I would share a couple of things with you in commemoration of the event.  I've spoken before of a gal who I found on eBay by the name of Judy McCallum who makes these amazing and I do mean amazing little mixed media booklets.  I received this one in the mail today and it did not disappoint. 


I shouldn't  be telling you about her because once I won one booklet a few months ago I've wanted another one with her images of little kiddos.   I think I have bid on at least one every month since and have been outbid every time.  Her popularity with the bidders has gotten crazy and I thought I was never to win another one.  But finally, persistence paid off and I scored a little bit of a "sleeper" so I didn't have to take out a second on the house.  Smile...



She uses an abundance of layers of lace and fabric and the effect is sooooo dreamy and romantic.


How precious are these two???


As I was photographing this yummy goodness, my mind started to wander (don't judge) and I started thinking about my Etsy shops and how much I love selling AND buying on there.  Then I had a lightbulb moment and thought perhaps I could take you on a little tour of some of my favorite shops on the site for romantic handmade goods since February IS the month of romance after all.  These are only a few of my favorites, but it will definitely make you want to hunt around on your own.  I know that some of these talented gals will be familiar to you and some might not be so familiar, so grab a cuppa whatever suits you and let's go shopping!

First stop is a new one to me, Handpainted Pink Roses.  This lady paints on lots of things, but she paints small.  Like really small.  Makes me cross-eyed to think about it.  I bought some of her flowers done on buttons and they are even more beautiful in person.  Super nice and super quick shipping, always a plus.


Next, we head on over to one of the true romantics, my pal Rosemary aka Ozma of Odds.  Rosemary is one of a kind and although we've never met, I love her sense of style, her beautiful spirit, and her lovely treasures.  We both love the sea and live in landlocked states.  Go figure...

Around the bend is Anista Designs.  This gal is in Canada and makes beautiful paper goods to order so you have to be patient, but the product is worth the wait. I bought two sets of the heart tags and they are nice and heavy, almost like the disposable beer coasters that you sometimes get at a bar (continue not judging :-) LOL!)

Next stop,  another Rosemary who you will probably know, from Villa Barnes.  This dear lady works her buns off creating and re purposing items like nobody's business.  She's a real innovator and comes up with all sorts of cool techniques to romance up her pieces. AND she shares her techniques very generously on her blog. AND she's a real sweetheart to boot, so every transaction with her is a pleasure.


We're going to make one more stop in this whirlwind tour of romantic shops, this time at a very well known blogger, pinner, and shop keeper, Michelle of Petite Michelle Louise.  Another sweet lady with talent galore.  I've loved everything I've ever purchased and when it comes, the packaging is almost as good as what's inside.  LOVE that!  Michelle has been published several times in the Stampington magazines and her talent for seeing not what something is, but what it can be is astounding.

Well, I'm getting tired, so need to hit the hay.  I think we shall resume our shopping spree tomorrow when I will share the final 5 romantic shops on my list.  Rest up and be ready!

Until next time,

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I agree, these are some of my favorite Etsy shops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing these. I am a customer of two of the etsy sellers and also of you and your ruffled white bag which gets many compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, the little mixed media booklets are soooo lovely, thank you for sharing :)
    Today your beautiful vintage wallpaper arived safly in Germany, it is awesome !!!! Thank you so much.
    Have a great weekend !

    Hugs Mieke xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking me browsing Judy...I am delighted to say I have one of Michelle's inspiration holders and necklaces...love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing your favorites. I thorougly enjoyed browsing all of the shops and look forward to the next post!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, shopping... Thanks! These look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.