Friday, August 5, 2011

Can Ya Help a Blogger Out?


While doing a little surfing market research tonight, I stumbled upon an online store I'd not seen before, VivaTerra.  They have some very cool things and I like their philosophy as reflected in their "about us" section of their website:

"Our name VivaTerra or living earth is inspired by our dedication to living in harmony with nature - for a healthier life now and for future generations. All of our products reflect a commitment to:
ecology and elegance: The finest goods that uniquely fuse exceptional quality and design with eco sensitivities.
organic, sustainable sources: The purest ingredients and sustainable resources possible - selected to be the best available.
earth and people friendly: Partners and suppliers who share our values and work to make a positive difference in the world.
handcrafted by artisans: Distinctive goods of uncommon value, handcrafted by passionate designers and artisans.
celebrate life: Celebrate life and human spirit by honoring traditions from cultures around the world."

Gotta love that, right?  Anyway, the little 3 bin wire basket shown above is calling my name, but the $169 price tag is not.  Does anyone know where I could get a similar piece with a more "consumer friendly" price?  You guys are awesome resources and I just thought MAYBE someone had come across something like this in their travels.  If not, no worries, I'll probably get over it, but I thought it would look SO cute in the little man's new room (still in progress).

Oh and BTW, little man and I went to our first IKEA store on Sunday. Denver FINALLY got one, the first in the state of Colorado which had opened 5 days prior.  HOLY COW!  It was like going to Disney World...all sorts of traffic directing from the signs at the interstate to the gazillions of neon green vested workers pointing the way.  THEN we got in the parking garage and shuffled in the building along with several hundred of our closest friends.  :-)  It was crazy...talk about feeling like you were stuck in a herd of cows.  MOO!  But it was SO cool.  I got a set of 6 juice glasses, a long ceramic tray that they showed with 3 small pillar candles on a bed of small river rocks, one of those cool metal plant pots that look they are edged with lace on top, and a vanilla candle. All for under $13 bucks, including tax.  Not to mention the awesome ideas I got for future reference.  Sweet!  I see why you gals are so crazy for IKEA. 

Thanks in advance Bloggie Friends!

Until next time,
Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,
    I saw a piece similar to this yesterday at TJMaxx. It was around $40.00. Maybe you can find one too. Not exactly the same but it has the look. It was wood and wire.

    Happy hunting.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would check out HomeGoods. They always have different baskets and containers at the store near me. You might luck out and find a similar item there. Hope you find what you are looking for :) I always enjoy visiting your beautiful blog. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ballard Designs has a similar one in their current catalog. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... sweet but with that little ticket I would sure be seeking out another place also... I find so many little stores I would love to shop but there is no way I would pay the prices asked for the objects... I know you will find another similar piece that you will love and not make holes in your pockets. Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look but not the price. I'll keep my eyes open for a similar piece for you.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy I know I have seen something similar to this piece!! I will let you know!! I love it though not at that price!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pop over to my blog look on my blog roll for Farm House Wares or www.farmhousewares.com they have a similar one for 85.00 still a lil high. I would like 40.00 myself.Best of luck~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is adorable. But I agree, price is not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shelf is amazing but the price is too high.
    If I ever see another like it, I will let you know, after I hang mine up, tee hee.

    Now, I want one, sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, I didn't know that your have family here. Please come visit sometime..... I have lots of room...

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a lovely store! Enjoy the wonderful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Judy...have seen a few like that,but they are all pricey...some even more than that one! Keep looking,if its meant to be you will find it!! x0

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Judy! It was crazy when I went to the new IKEA store, too. I also said it was like getting into Disney :) I love the baskets on the wall good luck finding them.
    Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! I got the chippy green chair at The Barn up in Castle Rock, I am assuming you know where that is? It was from The Magpie's room and she has a chippy white one that I am also drooling over. I figure if it is still there the next time I go, it is meant for me!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  14. IKEA is awesome! I love getting lost in that place, and eating the garlic bread in their cafeteria....
    Glad you had fun!

    Ciao Bella!
    CREATIVE CARMELINA

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean...we were just at rejuvenation in portland, oregon...they have all of the cool stuff (industrial, farmhouse...rusted junk) like we are seeing everywhere...but at double( at least) the price...we just have to keep looking...those treasures are out there to be found. Let us know when you find it!
    Hope you are enjoying your summer!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whew! A tad expensive. Gorgeous tho.

    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I'll have to check this place out now...

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Judy,
    I love your blog, BTW. This online store, Viva Terra, has a lot of cool stuff. But very expensive... at least for me. And that wire basket looks like something that has been recycled...a good thing.. but why discourage people by trying to make such a high profit?

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog is so beautiful and inspiring. Your outdoor tour post makes me want to move to Colorado all the more. My husband has been working near CO Springs and I got to visit there for a week. When I got home I was ready to start packing up the house. Haha! I love your space and the nice photos you have here.

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your entries into my Giveaway. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Love, Holly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.