Sunday, February 5, 2012

A peek at what I've been up to...


Come on in...I am meeting with my handyman tomorrow to discuss shelving for my studio closet of dreams, but I did promise you a peek last week, didn't I?  So come hither and let's get a feel for what's been going on.

Old Victorian front door, pulled out of a neighbor's dumpster pressed into service as my closet door (after MUCH restoration by DH I must add).  A pretty lacey stencil added to maintain a little visual screen...and I already had the stencil on hand from a project from 10 or 12 years ago.  YES!


I am SO pleased with how it turned out, even though it isn't "perfect".  Neither am I, so we go together!


Dare I say it?  An ORGANIZATIONAL system is in place on one side of the closet for my pretty papers and other altered art supplies.  I dream that it will stay organized.  Time will tell I'm sure!


Functional display pieces FINALLY serving the purpose I intended oh-so-long-ago when I began collecting them.  I think I'm in love...

Pretty storage up close and personal.



The back wall which will have shelves.  I love it.  Getting my inspiration here led to the relentless pursuit of vintage wallpapers for a few years. ("inspiration" might be a bit of a stretch-I copy-catted plain and simple.  Pam Garrison, you rock and just remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery).  Just between you and me, I MIGHT have gotten a little carried away collecting the papers as I think I could completely paper several closets .Insert sheepish Judy grin here. Luckily, I have discovered that doing mixed media projects with old wallpapers is WAY fun!  Yes, you are correct, much of the pretty papers will be blocked, but the goal is to have what's sitting on the shelves be pretty too.  I have some awesome storage containers waiting. 

Love the very functional plug in the middle of the wall.  I have a reason for putting it there which you will just have to wait to see.  I tried to pretty it up as much as possible.  If it bothers me, I may cover it with wallpaper too!  I'm just afraid I might not be able to find it again!  LOL!


Well, that's all you get for now.  Cross your fingers that the handyman can start this week on those shelves and then I'll do a full reveal of the finished project as soon as possible.
Until next time,





Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. Did you use regular paint for the stencil? I love how that door looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I used regular craft paint on the inside of the closet door glass. I did do a light coat of spray sealer over top just to protect it from the inevitable bumps and scratches. That did give it a slight distortion which, in my case, I didn't mind since it is supposed to be a bit of a visual screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, the wallpaper! I've been wanting to do this in a little space above the shelves inside my closet for simply years.

    It looks GREAT already. I'm so jealous. Everything looks beautiful in your photos.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, it's going to look so pretty and functional, It's not unlike my shelving in my sewing/reading room,which I have just pinned on my Round my Home board on my pinterest.
    x jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm completely in love with it all! Anything to do with vintage wallpaper and I'm sold.....looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so beautiful and so organized.
    I love the wallpaper.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are off to a wonderful start. Everything is looking beautiful. I love that the wallpaper lady next to the outlet is looking at it adoringly!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! It's so fun to get organized, isn't it?

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all looking fantastic. Being organized is such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how beautiful is all this? I will be waiting for your next update! Seriously gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wall looks like a quilt and is so pretty. Can't wait to see more!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, lovely, lovely!!!
    You did a great job Judy...so many great details!
    I tip my hat(box) to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Judy!!! I'm all over this post!!! LOVE your vintage "wallpaper" and just pinned it! That stenciled door is just amazing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh, I love it in here Judy! I want your studio! The wallpaper extravaganza is pure delight, and the stencil is perfect. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OHHH my, what a beautiful space, from the door to the absolutely gorgeous wall of pretty papers. Your wall of shelves makes me jealous, oh the creations you are going to make in there are going to be fabulous! Keep having fun putting it all together :) t.xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't image a prettier door. The wallpaper idea is wonderful. I started doing something like that in my studio. Pam Garrison was the first blog I ever read....she does rock!
    x
    C

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I missed this post too! That is an awesome idea for the old door. I have 2 leaning against the wall in my living room but the glass is so bare. I was thinking of adding lace curtains to the backside but this idea of yours with the stenciling is amazing! I must copy your idea!!! (I'll be sure to give you credit when I post about it) Thanks!!!
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am madly in Love with the door sigh
    Lucky girl it looks fabulous
    can't wait to see the rest
    xxoo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing wall! Gives new meaning to *wall* art.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.