Sunday, January 29, 2012

What's More Fun than Getting New Clothes?

Getting them for FREE!  So Saturday night I had the most fun experience.  I went to a clothing exchange.  You bring your gently worn clothing pieces, jewelry, accessories, and shoes that either don't fit, you don't care for, or that you are just plain "over" and a bottle of wine.  Add about 30-40 other women doing the same and when you put them all together, you have a nice combination of clothing (and wine ).  The hostess provides a few little appetizers for everyone to enjoy.  After you've put your clothing in the appropriate spot (dresses, tops, pants, workout gear, etc), you have a nice empty bag.  Go peruse the items brought by all of the ladies, try on at will, and take what you want.  Bottom line, new to you clothes for $0.  I went with about 30 items and came home with about 15.  It was great because I effectively downsized, but now I have some new treasures to wear.  It was a ball.  And all of the "leftovers" are taken to charity.  Isn't that a wonderful idea?  I'd vaguely remembered hearing about these kind of swaps, but had never attended one.  I have to tell you, it was a fun evening with lots of laughter and nurturing women, not competitive, just a good time.  I was thinking a home decor swap could be fun too.  Hmmmm....must consider that.  Reduce, reuse, recycle.  LOVE IT!

Until next time,
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. We have done exactly this Judy! Sisters, sister-in-laws, friends, it is just a great idea! Then you have a pared down closet as well!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing idea, thank you for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. The best part, I'm sure, was all the fun you had getting together. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy...that sounds like a great idea! What a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I have never heard of this kind of party. I think a home decor swap would be so fun, too! Wine with the girls, perfect!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy I wanted to let you know...

    I hope you will join my Valentine's Giveaway!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea, especially doing a home decor swap.
    Your newest follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been to a party like that with books, and it was a lot of fun. I'll bet the clothes theme would be even better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.