Friday, May 27, 2011

Antique Ironstone Love


Casseroles and butter pats and platters...oh my!  Now available at my Etsy shop Elegant Farmhouse with more to come as I dig through my boxes and stashes.  I LOVE the clean classic look of antique ironstone, don't you?  It goes with any decor and it mixes and matches with newer pieces as well. 

Speaking of clean and classic, I am SO excited.  Colorado has never had an IKEA store anywhere in the state.  Well, come the end of July, Denver is getting one.  We passed it yesterday on the way up to watch the Rockies play and it is HUGE!  I can't wait to visit it.   I've never set foot in one (since we've never had one-duh!), but I see such wonderful things around Blogland and in magazines that have come from there.  Everyone is so pumped, I'm sure I'll need to wait a bit for things to cool off...or just gird my loins and enter the foray.  Guess it depends what kind of mood I'm in come the end of July!  Not like I'll have any money to spend, but lookie looing is a lot of fun and doesn't cost a thing.

Well, time to go get ready for my real job.  Have a lovely weekend my sweets!

Until next time,
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Lucky you, we still don't have one here in Vegas.
    I haven't been in one in years though so I am not sure if I would even like it anymore. LOL
    But I am loving your ironstone!!
    I have mine filling wire baskets on display.
    I really want to switch up the look in my kitchen and just have wire baskets flowing of them around the cabinet tops. ooooh to dream
    Have a great weekend
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. love tat old ironstone and you're going to Love, love, love your new IKEA Store! they're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Ikea is great for inexpensive, quality simple pieces ready for adornment! Have fun! I have been on the lookout for ironstone...it's hard to come by in my neck of the woods! It seems that everyone around here is on the hunt!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ironstone, too and those are some lovely pieces!

    You are going to love IKEA. It may take a whole day to get through but you are bound to get some great deals. Look at their curtains...they are a steal!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy, I just love that beautiful casserole dish. I agree,it works well with just about anything.
    Oh my goodness! You are going to have a wonderful time at "IKEA" so much to see...pillows, curtains, bedding, mirrors, all at wonderful prices. Happy shopping!
    Wishing you a lovely Memorial Day weekend!
    xoxo
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy, love all the dishes... My blog was down and I couldn't do anything... It's good to be back Have a great Holiday Weekend

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE your banner, it's so beautiful.

    I just love Ikea, I'd live in there but they won't let me. LOL I know it's not vintage looking but I still love that store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH I am crazy for that crazing! Love me some ironstone. Thanks for your kind words on Momma's blog about the magazine! Isn't it a riot!??
    Warmly,
    Angela,
    Parisienne Farmgirl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy,

    I love your wonderful Ironstone ware, the big casserole is lovely.
    We do not have an Ikea here, but there is a shop that you can order pieces and they will get them in.
    Enjoy your holiday

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Judy...make sure you wear comfy shoes...you'll be there for a while and Ikea is huge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.