Friday, November 26, 2010

A Little Birdie Told Me...


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Now, without further ado, we move on to thinking of Christmas.  Well, if you are in retail, you have been thinking of Christmas for a long time already, but you know what I mean!Anyway, I love little birds in nests.  I think I got that from my mother because she did too.  So, I decided to make some pretty little glittered bird ornaments for Our Cottage Garden since it tis the season. They have lots of pretty vintage seam binding, pink roses for a nest with French script stamped on the petals, and a little tinsel "cage".   I thought these turned out really cute, so I had to make one for myself, natch.


Then,I had a bunch of orphan teacups, some with saucers, some without, and so in an effort to deacquire, I decided to make candles out of them and sell some.  The best part is, Mr. French Laundry likes making candles, so he poured these for me and I foofed up the ones that didn't have saucers with some vintage seam binding and vintage millinery.  These are also available on Our Cottage Garden. I was pleased with how they turned out as well.  I think I'm going to give them to the kids' teachers for Christmas. 

Now, are you ready for what the little birdie told me???  Shhhhhh, this is only for my blogging buddies (if you are reading this, guess what?  You're my blogging buddy.  YAY!)...if you go over to Our Cottage Garden and purchase either one of these items, type in your Paypal comments "BLOGGER BUDDY" and you will be refunded $2 for each one you purchase.  Now this ONLY applies to the teacup candles and the pink birdie ornaments and it will be handled as a refund to your Paypal payment, but it is my little gift to you guys for being so supportive and leaving such nice comments.  This offer is good now until MIDNIGHT Eastern time on Cyber Monday (November 29th). 

SO, pretty pink ladies, after you go on over to Our Cottage Garden and check out our treasures, pop on over to Beverly's at How Sweet the Sound and check our the other Pink Saturday blog entries. 

Until next time,
Pin It!

27 comments:

  1. oh...let the fun begin! THANK you so much for the visit and sweet comments...and your mantle is gorgeous, BTW!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your sweet birdies and the teacups are just beautiful - what a busy bee you have been! Then there's me, still sitting around stuffing my face with turkey lol. I did get one wreath hung today!
    ♥Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird and teacup candles are very cute! You know how to make things pretty. Now I need a look around your shop!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy!I just got my package from you today and LOVE everything so much!Thanks so very much~*~*Hugs,Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adored the teacup!...and your header took
    my breath away with all those beautiful pillows!

    Jane
    Flora Doora

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just makes me feel "in the pink"! Precious!!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretties-love how delicate and victorian they are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely candles. Coming back to have a better look. Happy Pink Saturday. Hey, I'm having a give away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful! Just found your lovely blog. Can't wait to dive in and see more. As your newest follower, I'd be delighted for you to follow me back.
    www.beatricebanks.blogspot.com
    Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty Christmas treats you have this week! I sure wish my hubby liked pouring candles, ha! Although he will help with soap if I get overwhelmed so I can't complain.

    Happy PS,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are adorable! I am your newest follower!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous. I am a Colorado native, and am happy to have found your blog. xxoo Valarie

    ReplyDelete
  13. There would be n o trouble filling your Christmas list from your goodies. All are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy, thanks so much for you sweet comment about our new little grandbaby, Logan Christian "aka' sweet pea! :) She is such a bundle of joy...I got her all day on Thanksgiving, so much to be thankful for!
    Your birdie and teacup candle are just lovely, so very creative!
    Hope you stop in again soon!
    Hugs
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how pretty! I love teacups and I love candles so this is very appealing to me! Good job! Happy Pink Saturday and I'm your newest follower!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Judy, Judy, Judy...

    Thank you for dropping by my blog compliments of Bev's. Ok, I love those beautiful pillows. So serene looking. I for sure will be your newest follower, feel free to follow me pack.

    Take care,
    Viola over www.alongawidowedroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful serene place to visit! Darling ornament. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Pillows on your header took my breath away, so soft and elegant, I love visiting your place, so many pretty things, thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment about our new Baby.
    Have a wonderful Day!
    Blessings
    marian elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Judy,

    How sweet the bird and teacup are...I know they will find a grand home!

    I love your header..makes me want to lay down and hug one of those exquisite pillows. ♥

    Have a wonderful day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice to meet you Judy - your photos are so beautiful and you make Laundry sound divine...
    Love your blog!
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooo...love them both! Hope you have a wonderful week. (Still visiting PS posts.)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello,
    Happy belated Pink Saturday! That's a very lovely teacup and you've embellished it beautifully! Love it,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Belated Pink Saturday.

    I used to make candles in teacups. Never thought about dressing them up like you did, so that is a great idea! Since I love birds, your ornaments are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Judy,

    You have been busy ~ I love the sweet bird and teacup candle.
    I hope that you have a happy week

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love your sweet little bird, and your teacup candles, their just gorgeous!!! Happy Belated Pink Saturday.
    Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have a bunch of teacups that I thought I'd make candles out of, but didn't know if they could take the heat or not. Now I know!
    *´¨)
    ¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
    (¸.*´ (¸.*´* LORI LYNN *

    PS: I'm having a Holiday giveaway!!
    http://lorilynnscottage.blogspot.com/2010/11/holiday-happiness-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.