Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Roses-What's Not to Love?

I know this isn't the first time I've bragged on inexpensive grocery store roses, but these little beauties are worthy of a mention.  First of all, they lasted well over a week and looked great the whole time.  In fact, they went to full on full bloom after a couple of days and were even more beautiful than when they were brought home and the Alstroemeria stayed gorgeous for almost 10 days.  The way the petals curled down reminded me of the Victorian roses painted by Catherine Klein and Paul Delongpre (and contemporary artist Christie Repasy). 
The way the light was shining on the roses, it almost made them glow like the sunshine itself.

I put them on a sweet little vintage folding chair that I painted with Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint in Luckett's Green.  I love the way it turned out.  The pictures didn't even begin to do justice to the depth and dimension this paint has to it when it goes on.

You may see this one in my Elegant Farmhouse Etsy shop one of these days, but for now, "she's with me".  (SMILE)  I hope my U.S. friends had a nice holiday weekend.  I had a wonderful 4 day weekend, but tomorrow it's back to the salt mines, so that's all for now. 

Until next time,
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the color of that paint! It really looks nice. Gorgeous pictures- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you about the grocery store flowers. Excellent execution on the chair. The color is fab too. Pictures are great too! Wandered over from My Desert Cottage. Angels to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy!
    I love the color of the chair...I have 5 of these chairs and have been putting off painting them, but I want to now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I love the chair painted the MMS Luckett's Green! I have always loved green. I am wondering if you used the bonding agent with it? I have a couple of chairs very similar to this! The flowers are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.