Monday, October 26, 2009

Shabby Pink Mosaic Goodness

We had a ball doing our 4 hour marathon listing on Our Cottage Garden on Saturday night. It was crazy, but good. We put TONS of new items on, including this whisper pink mosaic birdhouse created by little moi. It has a mix of vintage and new china, stained glass, and a couple of handmade and painted clay tiles. It even has a cute little drawer that opens at the bottom. It is purely decorative, but so fun to add a little whimsy to your decor.

I have so many mosaic project ideas rolling around in my head, but my ability to start them is limited by the fact that I am currently without a proper studio to work in. BUT, that's about to change. We have been working for over a year on building a new garage that has a studio over the top. It is basically a studio apartment, but we won't be renting it out any time soon. So, I will finally have a place to work where I don't have to clean up before I cook dinner or go to work. I can't wait for it to be done so I can start using it. And I can't wait to show it to you (I'll have to take pictures before I mess it up-I'm just NOT a neat artist!). I hope by the first part of next year, I can be in there working away.

Until next time, I'll be dreaming of my studio...
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,

    Your birdcage is lovely.
    Good luck with your studio - I am like you working on the dinning table and it can be hard when you have to pack up and tidy up.

    Have a great week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling. I can't wait to see your studio and what you do with it and in it!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous birdhouse! I love what you did and the little pink rose over the hole is adorable. Your new studio sounds fantastic. So happy for you!

    ~Jermaine~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty!!! Can't wait to see the studio,I have missed you!!! All the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is Shabby Chic perfection!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful little birdhouse! Love it! And how exciting about your studio, I just get goosebumps when I hear about fellow bloggers getting a place to work. You must post pictures when it is done...

    Blessings
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.