Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Pretty Pink Flapper Gal for Pink Saturday

I thought you might enjoy seeing one of my Ebay listings which happens to be SO very pretty and...PINK! She is from the 1920's and is a powder puff holder. She holds 6 powder puffs in her skirt. Isn't she just adorable? I may have mentioned that I love 1920's flapper boudoir items. Some of them are totally useful, some are totally useless, but most are somewhere in between. I think the thought of the day was that if something held still, you should embellish it! And boy, did they.

I am going to head out to the beach for a family vacation this week, so I must keep this post short and pack my swimsuit and book! When you read this on Pink Saturday, I will be either en route or enjoying the sand and surf. See you all when I get back (or before if I find something interesting...). Until then, pop on over to Bev's and check out the other Pink Saturday participants. It's never boring!

Until next time,

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. What sweet and wonderful pink antique lady, how very cool! I love your blog name too, just neat. I'm adding your link to my blogroll - will you add mine too, please? Happy Pink Saturday and Mother's Day to us, one and all!

    xJ
    MaidenShade.wordpress.com
    MaidenShade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday and Have a great Mother's Day ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a l♥vely post for Pink Saturday. This is the one day of the week when I get to visit some of the best blogs in cyberspace and indulge my passion for pink.

    Happy Mother's Day. I wish you all the peace and joy that a day in celebration of motherhood can bring. You don't have to grow a baby in your womb to be a mother...all you have to do is to l♥ve a human being with compassion and tenderness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just beautiful. I love your blog, so pretty. Happy Mother's Day!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat powderpuff lady! Beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry I am late in getting to you, Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Mothers Day too, Char

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time away!!! Talk when you get back, Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Pink Saturday. I am so jealous that you are at the beach right now. I am going in two weeks and can't wait. And the May Day flowers you left your neighbors was so sweet. They had quite a surprise. ~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen anything like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopped by to say "hello" in there, xJ MaidenShade.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just the most darling thing! I have something similar to that on my current post but she's a pin cushion. I put her on lay-away yesterday! LOL!

    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday
    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm trying not to be jealous of your family beach vacation! How wonderful, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are not going to believe this, but I just got back from Texas and found a French looking half doll just like yours at an antique store. Mine is exactly the same except she has blonde hair and no skirt. The dealer told me it was a pin cushion doll, but I didn't care what she was as I instantly fell for her. How lucky you were to find one with the delightful skirt.

    ~J~ @ French-Kissed.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.